Sorry folks – had this one sitting in the “drafts” folder for a while now…
Saturday, June 02, 2012
- 2 or 3 bananas (depending on the size of the ‘nan)
- 1 ripe avocado
- a pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder*
- chocolate chips (optional)
- maple syrup or vanilla extract (optional)
- Chop and freeze ‘nans (takes anywhere between 1-3 hours, depending on how arctic your freezer is)
- Once the ‘nans are frozen, mix ‘nans, avocado and salt in a food processor until silky smooth. (Insert optional ingredients here)
- Mix in cocoa powder with spoon (re-blend if you’re lazy like me and don’t feel like hand-mixing)
- Beat off your other family members as you fight to lick the spatula
- Re-freeze in a shallow(esque), wide container. It helps if, while it freezes, you mix it every hour or so – just to break up any ice crystals.
- Lock freezer from hungry family. Keep the combination to yourself.
Once it’s sufficiently frozen, let ice cream defrost for 15/20 minutes for ease of scooping. Or, you know, just put your face in it.
ENJOY WITHOUT GUILT!
Love, your friendly neighborhood choco-holic vegan
*In the first batch I made, I only used 1/8 of a cup of cocoa powder – not cutting it. Go for the full 1/4 cup.